E-commerce marketplaces present a massively growing opportunity, with Amazon’s annual third-party marketplace sales alone topping $400 billion. We’re on a mission to become one of the world's biggest house of e-commerce brands.
We bootstrapped Benitago profitably for 5 years, growing 100% YoY, going from building our first consumer products in our college dorms to becoming one of the best e-commerce operators in the world. We’re headquartered in New York City, in full hypergrowth, reaching millions of customers and now also backed by the world’s leading venture capital investors.
We’re looking for a Strategy Associate to join our dynamic 95+ people team. As Strategy Associate, you'll support our growing operational infrastructure. This is a strategic role that will drive the decision-making process across all our departments and help us scale through our next stage of hypergrowth.
Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
- Serve as the internal consultant for our highest priority operational and strategic initiatives
- Work in close concert with our Co-Founders, Head of Growth, Head of Product, Head of Supply Chain and CFO to execute on organization-wide KPIs and special strategic projects
- Bring stakeholders together across operations, growth, and product functions as you complete projects and external engagements
- Identify operational bottlenecks and build scalable solutions that grow our business and market share
- Leverage a wealth of disparate data sources to drive strategic decision making
- Lead full-cycle recruiting initiatives for organization-wide roles in cooperation with the People team
- Lead investor relations and assist with investor presentations and board meetings with the co-founders and Head of Finance
- Work directly with the co-founders in meetings, execute meeting follow-ups, and identify key relationships and priorities to develop to drive growth
Do you have what it takes?
- 1-4+ years of operations and/or strategy work
- Management consulting backgrounds strongly preferred, with bonus points for startup experience
- Track record of success in building new operational processes and an ability to work through ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new growth opportunities by bringing internal stakeholders and existing/ new partners together
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and fix problems in a hands-on manner when needed
- Experience using data to analyze performance and drive strategic decision making
- Intellectual curiosity and research abilities
- Proven capabilities in evaluating operational gaps/ weaknesses
- With the above stated, we are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested! Benitago is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team and none of the above points are 100% required
Bonus Points For:
- Previous Strategy Associate, Director of Operations or Chief of Staff experience
- Outstanding professional references to share
- Experience with marketplace models
- Part of a startup acquisition or IPO
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to have fun at work
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary
- A performance compensation package
- A significant equity ownership package
- Unlimited paid time off
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
- The chance to be a part of one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in the world
If you think you have what it takes, apply, we would love to hear from you.
P.S. - Sharing is caring. If this role isn't right for you, share it with friends or co-workers! They will thank you for it and the universe will pay it forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.