Senior Analyst, M&A
E-commerce marketplaces present a massively growing opportunity, with Amazon’s annual third-party marketplace sales alone topping $400 billion. We’re on a mission to become one of the world's biggest house of e-commerce brands.
We bootstrapped Benitago profitably for 5 years, growing 100% YoY, going from building our first consumer products in our college dorms to becoming one of the best e-commerce operators in the world. We’re headquartered in New York City, in full hypergrowth, reaching millions of customers and now also backed by the world’s leading venture capital investors.
We’re looking for a Senior M&A Analyst to join our dynamic 100+ people team. You will take ownership of buy-side deals and execute multiple end-to-end buy-side processes per month (incl. identification of acquisition targets, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence, closing, and integration). You will work directly with VP of M&A and the Co-Founders.
Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
Sourcing & Deal Flow:
- Formalize and improve our acquisition criteria to identify successful acquisition targets
- Lead conversations and communication with business owners to move them through the acquisition funnel
Analyzing & Valuing:
- Assess a target acquisition’s competitive positioning, defensibility (i.e. moats) and potential risks from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective. Cooperate with other departments (supply chain, marketplace, advertising, financial) to substantiate your analysis and identify growth levers
- Develop financial models to assess fair pricing on acquisition targets, normalizing earnings for seasonality, industry trends and aforementioned risks and growth opportunities
- Prepare a final brief investment thesis for approval
- Work with our external legal advisers to draft documents for the acquisition (LOIs, term sheets, asset purchase agreements, etc.)
- Lead the commercial, financial and legal due diligence process and coordinate with other departments to support your diligence process. This will include constant communication with the seller
Closing & Evaluation:
- Coordinate and ensure a timely closing with all involved parties (finance department, legal advisers, seller) and facilitate a smooth transition of the operations (marketplace, advertising, etc.)
- Gather data on acquisitions post-integration to improve deal sourcing criteria and to adjust acquisition pricing models
Do you have what it takes?
- 1-2 years of investment banking or private equity experience
- Excellent financial modeling knowledge and valuation knowledge (using Microsoft Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary
- A competitive bonus compensation based on your contribution
- Access to a significant equity ownership package
- Unlimited paid time off
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
- The chance to be a part of one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in the world
If you think you have what it takes, apply, we would love to hear from you.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.