E-commerce marketplaces present a massively growing opportunity, with Amazon’s annual third-party marketplace sales alone topping $400 billion. We’re on a mission to become one of the world's biggest house of e-commerce brands.
We bootstrapped Benitago profitably for 5 years, growing 100% YoY, going from building our first consumer products in our college dorms to becoming one of the best e-commerce operators in the world. We’re headquartered in New York City, in full hypergrowth, reaching millions of customers and now also backed by the world’s leading venture capital investors.
We're looking for a packaging and brand marketing copywriter to join our group of e-commerce companies!
We’re on a mission to create the highest converting e-commerce sales pages, particularly on Amazon.co.uk
. Our product range is diverse, spanning from beauty through to supplements/food, pets, and baby products.
The role requires 30 hours a week at the moment with the intention to make it full-time in a few months as we expand.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM:
As a copywriter, you will have a direct impact on the conversion rates. You will:
Write packaging copy. You will leverage your brand knowledge and research to write accurate, brand-relevant packaging copy. You will follow (and eventually create) general guidelines for style, tone of voice and formal requirements. These will vary by category and brand.
Create packaging copy templates. You will work closely with our Compliance Team to create new templates that are compliant with the law in each of our markets – EU, UK & US
Write and edit brand marketing copy. You will own the copy for both in-house and acquired brands, working closely with the Packaging Design Team to ensure their design needs are met.
You’ll work on ~80 products per month in varying categories.
We're a very results-driven, high energy and high pace entrepreneurial company. You can find more about our group at: www.benitago.com. If you believe you're a good fit, we're looking forward to receiving your application!
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum upper second class grade
- 2-3 years of direct response copywriting/direct marketing experience
- 1-2 years of e-commerce descriptions and consumer-facing copywriting
- Experience working in a research-based copywriting role & working on long-term projects
- Native English speaker located in the U.K., EU or South Africa
YOU MUST BE:
- Able to work on several brands at once, switching between briefs, tone of voice and branding needs.
- Able to write concise, brand-relevant, error-free accurate copy
- Open to feedback and know how to apply it to your work
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A keen eye for spelling & grammatical errors
- A drive to learn and master copy skills within the product space
- Strong cross-functional skills that can be applied to any sector