Junior Graphic Designer (Creative Team)
E-commerce marketplaces present a massively growing opportunity – Amazon’s annual third-party marketplace sales alone top $400 billion. We’re on a mission to become one of the world's biggest houses of e-commerce brands.
We bootstrapped Benitago profitably for 5 years, growing 100% YoY. We’ve gone from building our first consumer products in our college dorms to becoming one of the best e-commerce operators in the world. We’re headquartered in New York City – currently in full hypergrowth, reaching millions of customers every day – and are now backed with $300M+ in funding from the world’s leading venture capital investors.
We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic team of 100+ people, working remotely. Reporting directly to our Design Lead, you’ll be hands-on in creating designs for consumer products across different categories (baby, pet, beauty, skincare, home, wellness, electronics, etc). Working at an agency or with regular clients often involves many rounds of approval and discarded drafts, but at Benitago your designs will directly influence thousands of daily online purchases by customers across the UK, EU and North America.
Among many exciting challenges, you will:
- Create a range of different digital materials, including graphics, banners, graphs and ads
- Develop layouts and templates for our brands
- Search for images on Shutterstock, edit images and create photomontages
- Balance 4-5+ projects at once, knowing how to prioritise tasks
- Work with different briefs
- Collaborate with copywriters
- Follow brand guidelines
- Uphold design standards, file-naming structure, and folder organisation
Do you have what it takes?
- You’re educated to degree level in Design or a related subject (Graphic Design, Product Design, Fine Arts)
- You have 1+ years’ experience in graphic design. Ideally, you’ll have worked in a graphic/animation studio, advertising agency, or an in-house creative department and have some experience of beauty, wellness or healthcare products
- You’re proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (with a specific focus on Photoshop and Illustrator) and at using workflows between Adobe applications (Smart Objects, Linking etc)
- You have a strong portfolio of work covering a wide range of creative projects, and you understand current graphic design trends in digital media
- You have a great sense of composition and knowledge of colour theory and a strong understanding of typography, layout, and brand identity principles. You can view products from a customer's perspective
- You have great written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- You can plan, prioritise and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, fun and fully remote team
- The chance to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce startups in the world
Think you have what it takes? We can’t wait to hear from you!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.