Head of Growth
E-commerce marketplaces present a massively growing opportunity, with Amazon’s annual third-party marketplace sales alone topping $400 billion. We’re on a mission to become one of the world's biggest house of e-commerce brands.
We bootstrapped Benitago profitably for 5 years, growing 100% YoY, going from building our first consumer products in our college dorms to becoming one of the best e-commerce operators in the world. We’re headquartered in New York City, in full hypergrowth, reaching millions of customers and now also backed by the world’s leading venture capital investors.
We’re looking for a Head of Growth to join our dynamic 95+ people team. Our Head of Growth is a centerpiece to achieve this mission. This is an opportunity for a driven professional to be in the driver's seat of scaling hundreds of multi-million dollar, profitable consumer brands to the next level. You will take full ownership of our portfolio's e-commerce (mainly Amazon) revenue and profit growth. You will lead a team of 15 people and grow your team to 25 people within the first 6 months.
Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
- Manage and lead a team of 15 marketers and brand managers to drive revenue and profit growth across 500+ products and 20+ brands
- Recruit and grow your team to 25-30 people to drive new marketing initiatives (such as affiliate marketing, influencer marketing) at scale
- Simplify and improve the existing organization and process infrastructure (delete redundant processes, improve existing processes, simplify communication and governance, etc.)
- Lead the integration of new Amazon FBA business acquisitions into our infrastructure and their maintenance of sales on Amazon
- Based on different inputs and strategies, identify key growth levers and opportunities to pull on our brands and drive those forward with your team (e.g. improving sales page SEO, etc.);
- Set up marketing excellence / continuous improvement systems to ensure growth
- Improve the data and reporting infrastructure to facilitate data-driven decision making at the portfolio, product and marketplace level, increasing revenues, profit margins, and discontinuing unprofitable products
- Launch brand portfolio internationally, develop go-to-market strategies and lead integration and systems development in those new marketplaces
- Implement best practice growth strategies (A/B testing, pricing automation, etc.) and build out processes and systems for each for scale and delegation
- Lead new product launches (in collaboration with the product development team) and build scalable processes for product launches
- Expand brand portfolio into new sales channels, focusing on domestic and international marketplaces (Walmart, Target, etc.)
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree, technical/STEM studies preferred
- 3+ years of experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm, top-tier investment bank, or at a VC/PE fund
- 1-2+ years of experience at a venture-backed start-up in a marketing, strategy, or operations role
- DTC and Amazon experience are not required (training will be provided)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary
- A significant equity package
- Unlimited paid time off
- A world-class, high-achieving, and fun team
- The chance to be a part of one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in the world
If you think you have what it takes, apply, we would love to hear from you.
P.S. - Sharing is caring. If this role isn't right for you, share it with friends or co-workers! They will thank you for it and the universe will pay it forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.