Business Strategy Analyst
We’re looking for a Business Strategy Analyst to join our dynamic 55+ people team and help us identify attractive products and product categories on Amazon. We’re on a mission to become one of the top #25 third-party sellers on Amazon within the next 5 years. Currently, we are in the top #1000.
You’ll be responsible for determining and iterating the quantitative metrics used to determine the projected value of a given product launch, based on competitor performance, Amazon statistics, and projected financial metrics.
Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
- Collecting and collating data from Amazon and Amazon-related analysis tools (eg JungleScout, Helium10, Smart Scout)
- Projecting upfront costs, time needed to break even, revenue growth and average margin based on competitor data and internal historicals
- Developing and refining a ranking system that quantifies product launch rationale, taking market opportunity, competitor landscape, financials and time to market into account
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis of the product funnel to Finance, Growth and Product Development teams
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst
- Must understand financial and economic basics (eg COGS, revenue, margin, etc)
- Must feel comfortable manipulating imperfect data and creating bespoke, evaluative formulas to generate product recommendations on a massive scale
- Experience in Excel and Excel VBA a must; experience in SQL or other programming languages are a bonus
- Experience with Amazon-related metrics are a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
A competitive base salary
Unlimited paid time off
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
The chance to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce startups in the world
If you think you have what it takes, apply, we would love to hear from you.
P.S. - Sharing is caring. If this role isn’t right for you, share it with friends or co-workers! They will thank you for it and the universe will pay it forward.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.