Associate Creative Director - Copy & Design
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director to join our dynamic 40+ people team. We’re on a mission to become one of the top #25 third-party sellers on Amazon within the next 5 years. Currently, we are in the top #1000.
You will lead both the Copy & Design teams, and have a direct impact on Strategy, giving direction and position for our marketing & advertising in the different verticals and brands we operate in.
Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
Manage the creation and conversion-optimization of our Amazon sales pages
- Reporting directly to the CEO and as the leader of a team of ±8 designers and copywriters, you’ll be responsible for the successful creation of our Amazon sales pages. This includes both the conversion rate optimization and refreshing of the current ±120 sales/advertising pages, as well as the creation of ±40 new sales pages per month (for newly launched products). Each Amazon sales page roughly equates to a typical e-commerce funnel landing page, with both copy and design components.
Manage the creation of our product packaging
- You will be responsible for the creation of ±40 new product packages per month (for new, to-be-launched products). The type of packaging will vary by industry, from simple boxes and suction packaging to more complex custom bottles and tubes. You will be working closely with the head of product development for this.
Manage and build the copy and design team
- Our current creative team comprises ±80 FT and PT remote designers and copywriters. You’ll be responsible to lead this team, which includes all aspects from giving design and copy feedback/direction to measuring progress and ROI. To meet the pace and quality goal, you will further grow your team with A-player designers and copywriters.
Build up and improve creative processes for scale
- To reach the scale and quality goals, you’ll build out robust and simple processes for the creation of packaging and sales pages. This will ensure all designers and copywriters are on track, feedback is implemented on time and in full, and will streamline the whole delivery process.
Create new brands from scratch and optimize current branding
- Working closely with the head of product development, you will create new 1 new brand per month from scratch (in our different verticals). All the way from ideation to packaging design and Amazon sales page creation. You’ll also optimize the existing brands’ TOV, packaging and brand strategies to increase conversion rates and CLV.
Build out and execute a conversion rate optimization system for our sales pages
- You’ll create a system to continuously improve our Amazon sales page conversion rates. This will include an ideation system (see below) and an execution/reporting system. You’ll A/B test different marketing approaches, creatives, titles, and more. You’ll then scale up the successful experiments for execution across all sales pages.
Create competitor intelligence & research system for best practices
- You'll create a system to constantly reverse engineer other competitors' Amazon sales pages and conversion rate best practices. You will become the most up to date Amazon creative director, always learning all the practices and marketing tactics the best selling listings on Amazon are using.
- Super structured and organized, with almost an OCD attention to detail
- Highly analytical and able to analyze and translate data into actionable plans
- A scrappy and strategic self-starter willing to roll up your sleeves and drive projects to completion effectively and efficiently
- Have a strong work ethic, able to work under pressure, and committed to continuous improvement
- Enjoy being in the weeds but can see the big picture
Do you have what it takes?
- 2+ years experience in direct marketing and direct response copywriting (online preferred) with the numbers to back up your skill
- 1+ years experience in UI/UX design (visual architecture, landing page design, etc.), graphic design (AI/PSD/etc.), and an excellent eye for design
- Experience hiring, managing, and providing creative stratgey to a team of designers and copywriters
- Experience managing A/B tests at scale (15+ concurrent smaller tests or 5+ bigger tests), from ideation through reporting and to execution
- CPG branding and brand creation/strategy experience and detailed know-how of branding frameworks
- Experience managing a team’s P&L and making financial decisions with a limited budget
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary and equity compensation packages
- Unlimited paid time off
- Option to work remotely
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
- The chance to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce startups in the world
If you think you have what it takes, apply, we would love to hear from you.
P.S. - Sharing is caring. If this role isn't right for you, share it with friends or co-workers! They will thank you for it and the universe will pay it forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.